Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ugh!! Work vent

Today wasn't such a great day at work.  We had what I guess you would call a "come to Jesus meeting" with all the kids today.  It seems that all of us (teachers) have had it with the attitudes of our students.  There are days that I really do like what I do, but the other side of it brings many difficult days.  It's so hard wanting to help these students but not being able to get through to them.  They will never be able to respect others until they learn to respect themselves.  I won't get into all the details, but let's just say that their actions show they have no respect for themselves and it's just sickening to see everyday and to try so hard to help, but feel powerless to do so.  Anyway, when I got home with my sweet babies and husband, I realized that they are the main reason I go through that everyday so I can help provide us with a good life.  As we sat down for dinner, we listened to Caroline act silly and talk about her friends and watched Carter rock back and forth smiling in his saucer.  What a joy these babies are.  Oops.  Caroline got me in trouble for putting her in that category the other day.  After dinner, they took a bath.  Caroline kept her arm around Carter and washed him off for me.  She's making progress.  She won't admit it, but she's starting to enjoy her brother!!  After a few times of walking her back to her room, Caroline went to sleep by herself.  What a big girl!!!  We started this last week.  Some nights go smoother than others, but she's doing great!!  Carter is still crying himself to sleep most nights, but tonight it just lasted 15-20 minutes.  We're making progress with bedtime!!  ( I hope). 
Like I said, I'll try not to talk about work too much, especially the negatives, but today was just one of those days.  Like we told the kids, tomorrow is a new day to make a new start with whatever you choose to.  Thank you Jeremiah, Caroline, and Carter for making me feel better!!!

No comments: