When I picked up Carter today at daycare, he was really playing with my car key. So, I put it out in front of him a little ways and he army crawled across the rug to it. I was so excited!! He sure does it the hard way though. He uses only his right arm even though he can get up on all fours and could probably crawl for real!!! Here he is in action at home going after the giraffe.
After school yesterday, we went next door to see if Ms Sharon wanted to order some Scentsy. To our surprise, her grandson Luke answered the door. Caroline ended up playing with him the rest of the evening. She even had dinner with them. They loved each other. Caroline was so happy she got to play with Luke and cried when it was time for bed. He lives in Tulsa, so we took some pictures for her to look at when she misses him.
Watching those two play must have worn Carter out. He fell asleep while drinking his bottle!!
Here are some funny quotes/stories from Caroline lately. She is so smart and funny!!
- She has decided to shorten everyone's names.
Pickles is Picks
Mimsy is Mims
Nannie is Non.
Nanno is Nans.
Papa is Pops.
Carter is Cards.
- The other day I said Caroline do you want your blankie... She didn't say anything. I asked her again and she said, "Do you mean my blanket?" I said oh, is that what you call it now and she replied, " Yes because I am not that young to call it a blankie anymore!!"
- She calls her tap shoes her "tappers"
- On Friday, she didn't want to wear her Minnie mouse shirt I had picked out, so I said, but Caroline it's Minnie mouse day. It worked. Yea!! When we were leaving daycare she said, "Oh no, nobody knew it was Minnie mouse day today. They didn't wear her!!" I just replied that's ok, they must have forgotten. This girl doesn't forget much!!
- Yesterday morning the four of us were lying in bed. Carter started playing with Caroline's face and then she said, "No Carter. You cannot play with me. I am not a toy!!!" Then she looked over at him and said, "Dad. I don't want Carter anymore"
Then at dinner, she was laughing at how messy Carter was and said, "Momma. I will never be mean to Carter again." (so sweet, but we'll see how long that lasts!!)
-Last night, she wasn't wanting to go to bed, so I just kept taking her back when she got up. On the last trip I kept saying how proud I was that she sleeps by herself and is such a big girl. Then she asked me if I was going to turn into a big girl tomorrow, and I said we'll see, maybe. Then she said so sweetly, "Oh, so you can reach things???"
We took Carter to the doctor for his evaluation of his head size and she said it has not grown anymore. So, she said she doesn't need to see him until his one year appointment. Thank goodness. I've been pretty worried the past month. He is up to 20 lbs. 7 oz. Then we went and got Caroline her tap shoes.
When we returned home, I watched a webinar for Scentsy and Caroline and Jeremiah got into some stickers. (they were alphabet stickers) Caroline also decided she wanted a tail like her animals, so lets just say she removed her clothes and made one with some toilet paper. Silly girl!!!
Wow. It seems like I just posted about Carter turning 9 months!!!
In just the past week and a half, Carter has just blossomed. He has become so funny. He's not that sweet quiet little boy anymore. (still sweet, just not quiet)
- He waves bye bye by squeezing a fist and letting go. He has even said it a couple of times.
- He can stand forever now holding on to the ottoman. He's even starting to try to move a little too. He army crawled foward a couple of inches the other day.
- He is becoming quite the eater (well, I guess he's always been. Haha.) He is eating crackers, french fries, and even tiny bites of chicken. He is the messiest eater. I think this boy will eat just about anything at any time!!
- He's not liking the saucer too much now. I think he's bored with it. He loves to stand up to the ottoman more than anything.
- On most days, Carter is taking only one nap now.
- He loves to take steps while holding our hands. It's so funny because he'll just stop and try to jump. He LOVES to jump!!
- He is laughing so much more now. I love it!! He especially laughs at his sister!!
- His new thing is to make a growling sound when he wants your attention. So cute!!
- His other new thing is to twist his head and turn to look at you. He will move his whole head around to try to get himself in your view and then he'll smile when you look at him. He's a flirt!!
- He still loves his baths, but now we can't fill it too full because he loves to get on his belly!! This little boy just keeps getting sweeter and more fun!! We love you Carter Edward!!
After we got back from Vegas, we got to hang out with Mimsy for the rest of the week.
-Wednesday- We got back from the trip around 2:30 and just hung out around the house. Caroline was all in to St. Patrick's day and kept asking everyone where their green was or they were going to get pinched.
It was so good to see my babies again. I missed them so much.
-Thursday- Caroline, Mimsy, and I went shopping at Target and Caroline's favorite: Hobby Lobby!! We got decorations for the baby shower. We picked out a pink shirt that Caroline didn't want to wear, so we told her it was dark pink day and she would get pinched if she didn't wear it. She bought it and didn't even ask where everyone else's pink was. Haha!!
Friday- We went to the zoo. I have never seen it that crowded. It was the last nice day before our snow storm on Saturday was expected. She spent most of her time on the playground so we wouldn't have to fight the crowd to see the animals. After, we went to Chedders for lunch. Carter had a big day. He ate his first french fry. We were so excited.
-Saturday- It was cold and snowy so we didn't do too much. We mostly spent the day getting the house and decorations ready for the baby shower on Sunday. Mimsy left early Sunday morning. We had so much fun with you Mimsy and I had lots of fun staying up late decorating and talking. Here are lots of pics!!!
Caroline dressing up in Kaci's clothes she let me borrow for Vegas.
On the big Target ball
This is what Carter did most of the time at the zoo.