Monday, July 12, 2010

ZUMBA!!!!

Tonight, I decided to try something new, something that scares me because it involves dancing.   I went to a Zumba class and I'm so glad I did.  It definitely wasn't pretty, but I made it and I don't think I was the worst one in the class.  Haha!!!  It was a challenge and talk about lots of sweating!!!!  I knew a few people in the class so that was nice as long as they didn't see my lack of  latin dancing skills.  When I cheered in college they always removed me from the dance portion of the routines.  They had me tumble and do basket tosses because I really would have made the dances look bad.  Every year at tryouts, I would just freeze up when it came to the dance.  It's a wonder I ever made the squad!!!  So, this is why tonight was a big deal for me.  I grew up being so afraid to try anything new or by myself.  I don't ever want to be that way again.  I want Caroline and Carter to know that it's actually fun to try something you're afraid of and I hope they never limit themselves.  The next class is a few nights away.  Now my goal is to go relaxed so I can get better!!!
Something else......  When I walked in from the class Jeremiah was giggling.  Do you know why???  It was because he is not used to seeing me work out!!!  That's bad!!!! 
Also,  it didn't help that I was terrified to try the class and Caroline bawled like I have never seen when I left.  I guess she ran outside crying and looking for me after I left too.  I think she's pretty attached from being around me so much this summer.  It was sure hard not to cave in!!!

No comments: