Thursday, January 26, 2012

BARNES AND NOBLE

Any chance I get, I go to Barnes and Noble.  Now that they have this fun train set, I can take Carter too!!  A couple of Sundays ago, we went after church while Jeremiah golfed.  We were there a good 3 hours.  I love sitting back and watching them play and read books while I get to look at magazines and books.  I love that they love books.  I could really go crazy buying books if I let myself!! At church, we are in a series about thankfulness.  Bob mentioned Pollyanna in his sermon, referring to her Glad Game that she played.  I loved this movie when I was younger. I found it and bought it for Caroline.  I can't wait to watch it with her. 

I love how she makes sure the animals get to read too!!
After thinking about Pollyanna more, I decided that I wanted to read the book to her first.  I have never read it and would love to share that with her and discuss it and the lessons along the way.  So, I HAD to go back and find the book.  Right??  Jeremiah and I are also working with a new group of kids called WOW (Women of Worth) for me and MOD (Men of Distinction) Squad for him.  I picked up some thank you cards for them.  We are having them work on the thankfulness project that we are doing at church.  I'm also thinking about inviting some of Caroline's friends to read Pollyanna, in a month or two, have a Pollyanna viewing party. They had the abridged version so it's easier for children to understand.  It was written in 1913, so the wording of the original is quite advanced.  Here is our latest trip..................

No comments: